Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Republicans

I'm really sick of Republicans trying to repeal Obamacare. Accept it, people: you lost the election in 2008. You lost it badly. You lost it because your policies failed. And the American people elected the Democrats in a landslide because we wanted comprehensive healthcare reform.

You managed to stop real reform and arrange a huge payday for the insurance companies. Obamacare is a Republican plan. That is called compromise.

So the system worked just the way it was supposed to. If you hadn't stopped Al Franken from taking office, it might have worked a little better, even.

But now you're all about sour grapes. You lost, so you're claiming Obamacare doesn't work, even though its main provision hasn't yet gone into effect.

Well, let me tell you: I've been getting my birth control pills with no copay for a while now. That's put more money in my middle-class pocket that I tend to spend on good, job-creating things like take-out pizza or gas for my car. So that's working for me. I don't have to pay for my checkups anymore, either.

I also know a whole bunch of people who can't wait to buy that affordable health insurance that's supposed to arrive on Tuesday, but we can call that a failure because it hasn't even started yet.

Why do you want the poor to suffer? I don't get it. This is supposed to be the best country in the world. It's certainly one of the richest. So let everyone go to the doctor without ending up bankrupt. Is that really so much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment