Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Enough already!

I don't complain about snow in the winter. After all, I chose to live in New Jersey, or at least to stay in New Jersey, and we have seasons here. Frankly, I wouldn't want to live somewhere that didn't have seasons, or somewhere where the seasons are inverted, like Australia. It just wouldn't feel right. I'm used to noting the passage of time by the changes in nature. And I like snow. I like to go sledding and then come in and drink hot chocolate. I like to watch Wonderdog go bounding through snowdrifts like a dogbunny. I like to climb to the very top of a mountain of snow and survey the view of a parking lot, especially now that I don't have to fight Brother to get up there anymore.

But I don't just like winter. I like the seasons to flow in a progression, and spring is my favorite. The trees start to bud, the flowers start to grow, and my birthday happens! And now that it's March 20th, I'm ready for some spring, please.

Any time now...

No comments:

Post a Comment