Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Liebster Award



Andy at Today's the Day! has given me the Liebster Award. I've known Andy since we began our adoption journey, but I've never met her in person. She's a pretty cool person, though, so I'm going to do this thing even though I'm not generally a fan of doing things like this. And you should check out her blog.

The Liebster Award is granted to up and coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers who deserve some recognition and support to keep on blogging
The Rules:

1) You must thank the person who gave you this award. 
2) You must display the Liebster heart on your blog. PROUDLY.
 3) You should nominate 3 to 5 up-and-coming blogs with fewer than 200 subscribers. 
4) Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
5) Answer the questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you. 
6) Create 11 questions for those you nominate to answer. 
7) Notify your nominees and provide a link back to your post (no tag backs because the point is to try and highlight new bloggers and spread the support). 



Questions from Andy:

1. Book or movie?

Definitely book. Except for The Princess Bride, in which case, both.

2. What was your favorite childhood toy?

That's a hard one. My grandfather was a toy manufacturer, so toys are really important to us. If you mean the thing I couldn't be parted from, then my blankie. To play with? I'm going to go with a jump rope. 

3. Your life is going to become a script for a movie. Who would you want to play you?

I would let Hopper decide, since I never remember the names of actors anyway. 

4. Have you ever baked bread from scratch? Why or why not?

Um...breads like banana bread, sure. They're easy and delicious. Real bread? No. It seems like a lot of work and easy to mess up.

5. What is the funniest thing you have ever done?

I played a Druid in my brother's Spinal Tap cover band. Really.

6. If price were no object, what would you want for your birthday?

A trip to Paris.

7. What's your favorite plant?

I've been transforming my garden into all edibles, so something edible. I really like the fact that we have a raspberry bramble, so I'll go with that.

8. What countries have you visited?

Canada, England, France, Spain Italy and Russia (also the airport in Helsinki, Finland)

9. Zombiiiieeesss are coming! They want your brains! What is your weapon of choice?

Um...firebomb. Duh.

10. What languages do you speak? If you could learn any, which would it be?

Can you tell Andy isn't American? I am American. I speak English. I know the Hebrew alphabet so I can decode but not read. I took Latin in high school and French in college. And I can speak one sentence of Catalan.

11. Favorite quote?

This week? "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

Eleven Things About Me

1. I recently learned to knit
2. I just became an interviewer for The Fresh Air Fund's Friendly Town Program. 
3. I really enjoy sleeping, and have vividly detailed dreams.
4. I became a vegetarian a year and a half ago. I'm still not sure why.
5. We have three pets. We would have more if Hopper didn't stop me.
6. I'm happiest when I'm creating something. I just figured this out.
7. Hopper and I have vowed to only have black cats from now on because we found out they are the hardest to place.
8. Wonderdog and I do competitive Obedience at AKC shows. 
9. I'm a big fan of the NJ Jackals baseball team.
10. I tap danced as a child.
11. I don't like cut flowers.

As for nominating some other blogs, I can't think of any to nominate, so I guess I'm the end of the chain. But I think I'm going to blog soon about why I don't like cut flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment