Thursday, June 13, 2013

Don't worry...it has a happy ending

I met a kid today who had never tasted fudge. She didn't know what it was.

See, every year, Boo and I make food for her teachers--blondies at Christmas time, and fudge for the end of school. Today we were making fudge, and she wanted to invite a friend over to help. Her friend called when she was ready to come over.

"Boo said I could come over to help you make sponge cake. I'm on my way."

"It's fudge," I replied. "See you soon."

When she arrived she asked me, "So, we're making fudge cake?"

"No, fudge."

"Fudge brownies?"

"No, just fudge."

She honestly had no idea what I was talking about. She had never even seen fudge, she said. Not at the mall, not at the seashore. Never seen it, never tasted it.

It made me sad.

So everyone: go make fudge with someone you love. Then eat all the fudge. There's a recipe for you here, and it couldn't be easier. I even found organic chocolate and organic condensed milk at Whole Foods today. And here's a vegan recipe, for those of you who are more vegan than I am. I haven't tried the vegan recipe so I can't vouch for it, but it looks pretty good, as vegan desserts go.

By the way, I have fixed Boo's friend. She now not only knows what fudge is and how utterly delicious it can be, she knows how to make it.

Another wayward child saved by Xanny.

No comments:

Post a Comment