Sunday, June 30, 2013

What's been keeping me busy: Doctor Who

The sole and only comment from yesterday's post was on Doctor Who, so I guess I'll write about that first. There will be spoilers, because I'm writing about shows that aired in 2008 and before.

As I said, we're getting to the end of David Tennant. Last night we watched the last two episodes of Season Four and tonight we're planning to watch the Christmas Special, which if I have done my math right should be the introduction of Matt Smith.

Tenth Doctor Things I Love


  • David Tennant is yummy.
  • Captain Jack is an awesome character and I love everything about him.
  • I thought Martha was a great companion because she's smart and strong. I even enjoyed her struggle with herself over her crush on The Doctor because that happens to strong women sometimes.
  • Donna was so much fun, full stop.
  • I LOVED the Doctor/Donna.
  • The Face of Boe! Is he Jack? 
  • Rose got her own Doctor!
  • Mickey got a life.
  • Shakespeare! 
  • Those angel/statue things were so cool. 
  • I totally thought Matt Smith was coming when The Doctor regenerated, but then he used his hand to fake us out!
That's all I've got for now. I can't believe I never watched Doctor Who until now. What kind of geek am I? At least I'm catching up now.

Update 6/30/13: We still have three episodes left of David Tennant! Woo-hoo! I've never been so happy to not have my math right.

Update 7/1/13: I forgot the Ood, which may be my favorite species in all of sci-fi.

2 comments:

  1. Too funny. Liam has started with season 7 (I'm cheap and wasn't ready to commit to buying the whole series till I was sure he liked it and season 7 was on sale). But he's obsessed with the weeping angels from You Tube so it's good to know that they are in season 4.

    I've watched a few episodes with him and I think my inner-geek could easily get into the series too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are lots of ways to see Doctor Who on the internet. I'm not swearing that the weeping angels are in Season 4--they might be from Season 3. But they're definitely 10th Doctor.

    ReplyDelete