Wednesday, May 29, 2013

VB6 Update #2

Holy olive spread, Batman!

I had left over tofu, so I've mixed it with olives and olive oil to make a spread that will be my lunch tomorrow (on a sandwich with grilled veggies.) I tasted it to make sure I had the proportions right and it is heavenly. Plus, I think the healthy fat in the olive oil will help me feel full.

In other news, my leftover banana mash is looking mighty gross as it blackens in the fridge, but I think I'll bite the bullet and eat it for breakfast tomorrow anyway. There's nothing dangerous about black bananas and it should be super-sweet, too. Watch out, strawberries!

So far, so good. I think the banana-tofu parfait is a good vegan breakfast option for me, so that makes one healthy alternative.

I'm also making great headway at cleaning out the fridge. I made a soup for dinner tonight with some leftover broth from when I wasn't feeling well this weekend, carrot juice (I also had some juice for a snack this afternoon,) beans and Swiss chard. All those things came out of the fridge (well, the carrots came out and I juiced them) and will hopefully be completely consumed tonight, plus the leftover tofu will be made into sandwiches with leftover grilled veggies, and the leftover banana mash will go with the remaining berries in the fridge for breakfast tomorrow.

Go, me!

No comments:

Post a Comment